Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2013/11/03 23:16:54 UTC

What's the difference between normal Air applications and ones targeted at the mobile platforms?

Hi,

sorry for this eventually stupid question, but I recently "remembered" that there were some issues with Flexmojos regarding building of Mobile applications. It seems the normal Flexmojos couldn't build Air applications for mobile devices. Unfortunately I have never built any mobile-air apps and therefore don't quite know what Flexmojos is currently missing. Is there some sort of post-processing needed to bundle the normal Air apps? If someone here could explain what's missing, I'd be glad to add that to FM. There must be something, cause Velo offered this feature in his commercial FM Enterprise.

Chris

Re: What's the difference between normal Air applications and ones targeted at the mobile platforms?

Posted by Cosma Colanicchia <co...@gmail.com>.
Afaik, it si just a different packager step (from command line, first step
to build sfw with mxmlc is the same, but the adt call parameters to package
it are different from a desktp app)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I'm not an expert in this area.  Try following one of the tutorials.  A
"packager" will run and convert the SWF to machine code.  The packagers
come with the AIR SDK.

-Alex