Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John Armstrong <si...@siberian.org> on 2001/11/27 21:25:17 UTC

[JOB-SF Bay Area] Looking for someone to join my Web apps team at EFI/PrintMe

Hello all-
	I got my head count for the next few months and was given another
spot to fill on the team! Hooray!

	We are building a next generation internet printing system here at
Electronics For Imaging (EFII). The Web apps portion is heavily
Apache/ModPerl/HTML::Mason/Oracle based running under Linux and Solaris.
I am looking for someone that can help round out the team and work on
more back-end functionality. Initially this is the e-commerce/ERP
integration, XML integration with other system components as well as
'modernizing' our initially developed architecture and helping to clean
up the code base so that moving forward is not quite so painful.

	EFI is a mid-sized( 1000 employees or so ) public company that is
doing just fine in the current market. We have not had any lay-off's and
are growing at a comfortable rate, our stock is stable and we always
meet our market expectations. All in all its a comfortable place to
weather this storm. The PrintMe team runs as an 'internal startup', that
means its pretty relaxed and divorced from many of the day-to-day issues
that would normally come with working in a larger company.

	Looking for the usual skill-set, experience with mod-perl/apache,
ability to build your own architecture and framework from the ground-up
and the ability to write code that plays well with others. I really
enjoy people that come to the table with an overall understanding of how
things work together and a somewhat proven track-record.

	If your interested drop me an email. We are located in Foster City,
CA, just south of San Francisco.

	See us on the web at http://www.printme.com/ or http://www.efi.com/

John-

Re: [JOB-SF Bay Area] Looking for someone to join my Web apps team at EFI/PrintMe

Posted by Aleksandr Vladimirskiy <av...@amnh.org>.
Hi John,

I have been working with apache/mod_perl/oracle on Solaris and Linux for
about 2 years. The projects included building secure intranet sections,
dynamic pages, and most recently a ticketing system and a system to
replace a paper trail in a very large non-profit. I'm relocating to Palo
Alto, CA and I'm in the process of looking for a part time job. Do you
think that there might be part-time opporotunity as part of the department
you've described?

Thanks,

Alex