Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Goubeaux <go...@education.ucsb.edu> on 2006/10/19 02:22:18 UTC

spamd ForkScaling.pm error

Can someone possibly shed some light on this errror I received,  that
also coincided with my spamd processes dying. I have been running
this version of spamd (3.1.5)  for a month now and have not seen this
error nor had the daemons crash alltogether. Is this due to resources
unavailable  and or the max number of children limit reached (which i
have set for 20)

Oct 17 04:04:57 kady spamd[19064]: prefork: ordered child to accept,
but child reported state '1' at /usr
/local/perl-5.8.5/lib/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/SpamdForkScaling.pm
line 441.

SpamdForkScaling.pm line 441

sub wait_for_child_to_accept {
   my ($self, $sock) = @_;

   while (1) {
     my $state = $self->read_one_message_from_child_socket($sock);
     if ($state == PFSTATE_BUSY) {
       return 1;     # 1 == success
     }
     if ($state == PFSTATE_ERROR) {
       return undef;
     }
     else {
       die "prefork: ordered child to accept, but child reported state
'$state'";
     }
   }
}