Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/04 18:59:29 UTC

How to use reclaimable freelist

I have writen a article in google doc to explain how to use reclaimable
freelist:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zHv-c3ZgYJnYjX6Bt1FsBTdBswIK7YFCN3vcYGMpxZ4/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to make changes and additions as necessary.
--
Yunkai Zhang
Work at Taobao

Re: How to use reclaimable freelist

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.
在 2013年2月5日星期二,Igor Galić 写道:

> On Tuesday, February 05, 2013 01:59:29 AM Yunkai Zhang wrote:
> > I have writen a article in google doc to explain how to use reclaimable
> > freelist:
> >

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zHv-c3ZgYJnYjX6Bt1FsBTdBswIK7YFCN3vcYGMp
> > xZ4/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > Feel free to make changes and additions as necessary.
>
> Quote from that document:
>
> """The default memory pool in TrafficServer(abbr. TS) is not reclaimable,
> as a
> result, TS will consume more and more memory which may lead to OOM."""
>
> I "solved" this problem by disabling the OOM killer.

Yea, it's a workaround, but no help for us, as OS will run into SWAP state,
performance will be dropped down seriously:)

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM, James Peach <ja...@me.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 4, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I have writen a article in google doc to explain how to use reclaimable
>> > freelist:
>> >

>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zHv-c3ZgYJnYjX6Bt1FsBTdBswIK7YFCN3vcYGMpxZ4/edit?usp=sharing
>> >
>> > Feel free to make changes and additions as necessary.
>>
>> Thanks, this is great! Can you please add this to the wiki?
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Apache+Traffic+Server
>>

> Ok

I'll add it wiki tomorrow, here is evening now, haha:D

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM, James Peach <ja...@me.com> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have writen a article in google doc to explain how to use reclaimable
> > freelist:
> >

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zHv-c3ZgYJnYjX6Bt1FsBTdBswIK7YFCN3vcYGMpxZ4/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > Feel free to make changes and additions as necessary.
>
> Thanks, this is great! Can you please add this to the wiki?
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Apache+Traffic+Server

I have added it to apache wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/How+to+use+reclaimable+freelist

Thank you.