Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com> on 2004/03/12 03:06:55 UTC

Impressive

Getting ready for my presentation to PhillyJug I am wandering through
some parts of OJB I don't use much, and once again, I have to say how
incredibly impressive this whole thing is! I am glad I can be a part
and contribute =)

-Brian

Re: Impressive

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Happily.  Actually, right now the initial code for it (I like
code-heavy presentations so I give code-heavy presentations =) is going
up at:

http://kasparov.skife.org/beer.tar.gz

What I am going to say around the code I haven't worked out yet (I have
a couple weeks ;-)

Interesting bit in the code referenced above is that I am using the
generics from 1.5 (with the early access compiler for generics) and it
all works great.

Reminds me of something that will come up -- mapping of different
templated classes (genericized classes) to different tables. The
Truck<T> class is typed as to what it carries, but is templated so that
it can carry anything. The schema that persists it only knows how to
persist beer trucks. What if I had a different truck template going to
a different table.

I don't know the elegant way to map this but figure I can plant seeds
to think about it...

-Brian

Re: Impressive

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.