Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Phil Brown <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/15 18:40:42 UTC

Disabling the TCP Port

Hi all,

Is there a way to disable the TCP port such that only the SSL port is
accessible?
I noticed that there is a --requiresEncryption flag.  When I tried using it,
(QPID Windows 0.8x version), it does indeed refuse TCP connections, however,
it also rejects SSL connections.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

    Phil.

RE: Disabling the TCP Port

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Phil, do you think you could report the details for the issue in a jira?

Thanks,
-Steve Huston

On 07/15/2011 05:40 PM, Phil Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to disable the TCP port such that only the SSL port is
> accessible?
> I noticed that there is a --requiresEncryption flag.  When I tried
> using it, (QPID Windows 0.8x version), it does indeed refuse TCP
> connections, however, it also rejects SSL connections.
>
> Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I tested this for the 0.8 release on linux and it works as expected.
Looking at the windows code, I can't even see where this condition is
enforced.

What is the error that you get?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Disabling the TCP Port

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Re: Disabling the TCP Port

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
Hi Phil,
it is not directly what you want, but you can make the port use-less:

1) Set authentication on: use "--auth yes" in qpidd command line or "auth=yes" in qpidd.conf and restart qpidd. That will prevent non-authenticated usage.
2) Disable default guest:guest credentials (and others if added manually) from SASL database:
# saslpasswd2 -f /var/lib/qpidd/qpidd.sasldb -d QPID guest

That will prevent to be authenticated as "guest" user (the default user of qpid).

Kind regards,
Pavel