Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net> on 2021/05/30 21:39:26 UTC

NoRouteToHostException - Address not available

Hi, guys.

This might not be a Camel-specific error at all, but given that we only see this in one of my Camel + Spring Boot apps I thought it might be worth a shot to ask.  If not a Camel or Spring issue, maybe it's an OpenShift issue others have seen?

I'm in a RHEL environment, using Camel 3.8.0, Spring Boot 2.4.2, and OpenShift 3.x.

Brief description:  This Boot/Camel app (MyApp) is deployed in an OpenShift environment.  The seda://call-service route is called many times, and the route in turns makes an HTTP call to another service (MyService) in the same OpenShift deployment.  'MyService' is scaled up to 10 pods.

MyApp basically generates about a 1000 calls to seda://call-service which then generates a 1000 HTTP calls which are load-balanced by OpenShift.

After several weeks of running, we eventually get the following "NoRouteToHostException", which is typically some kind of router problem.  But as I said, MyService is in the same OpenShift project as MyApp and there is no router between them.  I log the full URL of the failed HTTP call, and when I click on it in the browser the call works; i.e. MyService is just fine and there seems to be no connectivity issue.

When I restart MyApp, all the HTTP calls are once again fine!  So it's like some resource is being used up over time...

What the heck could it be?  Where can I even begin poking around next?  Is there an OpenShift log I should be looking at?

Anyway, thanks for any tips.

The error is pasted below.

Thank you very much.

Ron

-----

[...]

seda://call-service: Call to service failed. Exception: Cannot assign requested address (Address not available)

seda://call-service: o.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec: I/O exception (java.net.NoRouteToHostException) caught when processing request to {s}->https://HOST:PORT: Cannot assigned requested address (Address not available)

seda://call-service: o.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec: Retrying request to {s}->https://HOST:PORT

[...]