Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 16:16:18 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Strange !!! WebService works on one pc but not on the other

Hi Subash,

Seems like the clocks of the two machines are not in sync.

Please check the clocks of both machines.

Thanks,
Ruchith

www.ruchith.org

Re: [Axis2] Strange !!! WebService works on one pc but not on the other

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hmm ... well .. I'm not sure whether removing timestamp is a good
idea. This is because we usually ensure the freshness of a message
with the timestamp to detect replaying of the messages. When the
messages are signed it is very important that the timestamp is also
signed. This way we ensure that one cannot resend the message with a
different timestamp.

About the clients' and server's clocks not being in sync ... I think
if you ensure the server's clock is correct, then you can expect the
clients' clock to be on the correct time. IMHO it is alright to reject
a request from a client who hasn't set the clock of the machine
properly :-)

Thanks,
Ruchith

Posted by Subash Devkota <SD...@D2Hawkeye.com>.