Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2007/10/09 22:17:29 UTC

is not bound and can not be updated or BINDINGEXCEPTION ?

Folks,

I am thrashing back and forth from

is not bound and can not be updated exception to a BindingException

Originally the app is runnable with
    public abstract String getTableSize();
    public abstract void setTableSize(String tableSize);

    public abstract String getPagingSpan();
    public abstract void setPagingSpan(String pagingSpan);

Then i decide to do this...
    @Parameter(required = false, cache = true)
    public abstract String getTableSize();
    public abstract void setTableSize(String tableSize);

    @Parameter(required = false, cache = true)
    public abstract String getPagingSpan();
    public abstract void setPagingSpan(String pagingSpan);

and I receive tableSize is not bound and can not be updated exception

So then i decide to goto the definition of the widget in the template... and specify the parameters there in OGNL

Home.html
            collectionType="ognl:@org.trails.demo.Listing@class"
            component="theWidget"
            collectionContent="collectionContent"
            autoPagingContent="autoPagingContent"
            tableSize="ognl:theWidget.tableSize"
            pagingSpan="ognl:theWidget.pagingSpan"

Now I receive a bindingexception.

Can someone set me straight here? Do I need to edit my JWC file and add the following:
    <parameter name="collectionContent"/>
I should think not... but not sure?

Can someone elaborate on whats going on with this?

Best regards
Ken in nashua