Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Stephen Beaver <sb...@netgate.com> on 2017/02/02 23:01:14 UTC

Adding roles and perms

After much experimenting I have a working Wildly web app secured with Shiro. I authenticate agains an LDAP server, then refer to a local database to get the user's role and permissions.

Is there a way to add those roles to the logged in user so that I can then use Shiro tags (<shiro:hasPermission> et al)  in my JSP ?  Something like currentUser.putRole("admin"); for example?

Thanks,

Steve
--
Stephen Beaver

Re: Adding roles and perms

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
You can also extend the JDBC Realm, use its doGetAuthorization(), and write
a noop for doGetAuthentication()

Re: Adding roles and perms

Posted by armandoxxx <ar...@dropchop.com>.