Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/08 02:18:18 UTC

Re: Multiple Taskmanagers per node for standalone cluster

I don't think using zookeeper should cause any problem on starting multiple
TMs per node.

For standalone cluster, having one TM per node is usually the easiest way.
It is easy to config (simply config the TM resource to the available
resource of the node), and it is more efficient (less TM framework
overhead, no isolation between JVMs of different TMs). But that doesn't
mean Flink can not have multiple TMs per node, and given your requirements
of job isolation, I think you should do that. You just need to carefully
config the TM number and resources to make sure they do not exceed the
node's available resource.

I don't have much experience running standalone clusters with multiple TMs
per node. We mainly run Flink on Yarn in our production, with multiple TMs
(Yarn containers) per node (Yarn NM), and it works fine for us.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Posted by Ethan Li <et...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much for the help, Xintong.

Best,
Ethan