Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by SG...@intellicare.com on 2008/02/28 23:33:43 UTC

service initialization

I only need request scope for my service but I would like to set up some
service-specific logging and only do this once for as long as the service
is running.

One possible way to do this:
The first time init() is called on the service class, set up the logging
and set a ConfigurationContext property to indicate this (or even save a
reference to a Logger).
Every time init() is called, check to see if this property is set and if it
is, skip the setup.

Questions:
- This seems a bit of a hack; is there a better way to do this? (For
instance, somewhere in the lifecycle of the Axis2 instance where this
should be done).
- Does this even make sense - perhaps the overhead of loading a log4j
config is less than getting the ConfigurationContext and checking a
property.

Thanks for your help,
Steve