Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Nemegeer Marc <Ma...@infohos.be> on 2005/02/17 17:16:14 UTC

Computer name in parameter name of FileAppender

Hi,
According to the documentation the following section should work.
	<log4net>
		<appender name="FileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
			<param name="File" value="c:\\$(COMPUTERNAME).log" />
			<param name="AppendToFile" value="true" />
			<layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout" >
				<param name="ConversionPattern" value="[%d] %-5p : %m%n" />
			</layout>
		</appender>

		<root>
			<appender-ref ref="FileAppender" />
		</root>
	</log4net>

After googling for a couple of hours and trying all sorts of modifications I'm unable to find a solution. Am I missing something ? Or is it just impossible to log to a shared directory and have one log-file for each computer my service is running on ...

Thanks,
Marc