Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2016/12/03 18:07:56 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] planning, categorizing, commencing issues in JIRA

Following up - the project is now set up for scrum / kanban.

I created a basic scrum board and sprints for 0.4.1 and 0.5.0

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=147

Other committers should be able to open an INFRA ticket to get expanded privileges.

Steve

On November 8, 2016 at 10:18:00 AM, sblackmon (sblackmon@apache.org) wrote:

On October 24, 2016 at 2:37:32 PM, Suneel Marthi (smarthi@apache.org) wrote:

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:26 PM, sblackmon <sb...@apache.org> wrote:

> Does anyone else see a need to start tagging issues with epics and/or
> components and/or labels? Preferences on how?

I think the first step is to define the 'Components' for the project and
tag each jira against one/more components. Before we start creating more
Jiras.
opened STREAMS-453

> Does anyone have suggestions on how to start formalizing, breaking down,
> and scheduling these larger efforts?

If it helps to create Scrum boards and prioritize TODOs for each release
(assuming one release/month), let's start doing that. Need to file an
Infra ticket to enable Scrum boards in Jira for the project.
opened INFRA-12873