Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2010/04/29 22:06:42 UTC

Geronimo Blog

Did you know that we have a Geronimo Blog?  Well, we do.  Kevan created
it a few months back and authorized those people that expressed interest
at the time.  That included me but I didn't even think about it again
until yesterday when I discovered that nobody had yet posted at all.
So ... I had the privilege to be the first person.

I created just an initial Welcome post along with my thoughts about the
purpose of the Blog and a hint of what I really wanted to post about
(more on that later).  I sort of felt that some introduction was
necessary before posting any real content.  I also just added a link to
the blog on our web site under "Community".  Since it might take a while
to sync you can find the blog here:
http://blogs.apache.org/geronimo/

As I mentioned in the initial post, I hope that we can use this blog to
highlight new features, upcoming events, whatever people may find
interesting or informative  .... basically things that might be too
easily lost in the volume of information on the mailing lists or wiki
and that we want to call out in a special way.

We might choose to come up with some guidelines or procedures for
posting or we might just leave it open.  Thoughts?  I believe that Kevan
is currently an admin and can add those interested in posting if you
didn't express interest earlier.

Joe