Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Guillaume Pitel <gu...@exensa.com> on 2014/12/10 11:42:36 UTC

Maven profile in MLLib netlib-lgpl not working (1.1.1)

Hi

Issue created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-4816

Probably a maven-related question for profiles in child modules

I couldn't find a clean solution, just a workaround : modify pom.xml in
mllib module to force activation of netlib-lgpl module.

Hope a maven expert will help.

Guillaume
> +1 with 1.3-SNAPSHOT.
>
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM, agg212 <alexander_galakatos@brown.edu
> <ma...@brown.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks for your reply, but I'm still running into issues
>     installing/configuring the native libraries for MLlib.  Here are
>     the steps
>     I've taken, please let me know if anything is incorrect.
>
>     - Download Spark source
>     - unzip and compile using `mvn -Pnetlib-lgpl -DskipTests clean
>     package `
>     - Run `sbt/sbt publish-local`
>
>     The last step fails with the following error (full stack trace is
>     attached
>     here:  error.txt
>     <http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/file/n20110/error.txt>
>     ):
>     [error] (sql/compile:compile) java.lang.AssertionError: assertion
>     failed:
>     List(object package$DebugNode, object package$DebugNode)
>
>     Do I still have to install OPENBLAS/anything else if I build Spark
>     from the
>     source using the -Pnetlib-lgpl flag?  Also, do I change the Spark
>     version
>     (from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT) in the .sbt file for my app?
>
>     Thanks!
>

>     --

eXenSa

*Guillaume PITEL, Président*
+33(0)626 222 431

eXenSa S.A.S. <http://www.exensa.com/>
41, rue Périer - 92120 Montrouge - FRANCE
Tel +33(0)184 163 677 / Fax +33(0)972 283 705