Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tyler Rorabaugh <ty...@capwiz.com> on 2004/04/28 20:45:03 UTC

mod_perl object persistance..object web server?

Anyone know of examples of
mod_perl Object persistance across multiple servers
or of availble Mod_perl object application servers?

-tr

Re: mod_perl object persistance..object web server?

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 14:45, Tyler Rorabaugh wrote:
> Anyone know of examples of
> mod_perl Object persistance across multiple servers
> or of availble Mod_perl object application servers?

That could mean just about anything.  Maybe if you explain what problem
you are trying to solve, we could make some suggestions.  Are you just
looking for a shared cache to help out with a slow database?

- Perrin

Re: mod_perl object persistance..object web server?

Posted by Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>.
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:45:03 -0400
"Tyler Rorabaugh" <ty...@capwiz.com> wrote:

> Anyone know of examples of
> mod_perl Object persistance across multiple servers
> or of availble Mod_perl object application servers?

  You might look into memcached at this URL:

  http://www.danga.com/memcached/

  There are Perl libraries for talking to it on CPAN. I think it's
  what you're looking for.