Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2013/11/06 23:27:35 UTC

JAXRSServerFactoryBean test gets 500 error, but no other information

I had some old test code using JAXRSServerFactoryBean that I'm trying to use for a new prototype.  I had this mostly working with the app configured for Jettison, but now I'm trying to use Jackson.  When I run the test, it gets into my service, but sometime during the processing of the response, a 500 error is produced, but I can't find any other information that indicates why I'm getting a 500.  The console has no stack trace.  I tried stepping into the invoker code, but I got lost in twisty passages.  I even tried breaking on any Exception, and that didn't tell me anything.

RE: JAXRSServerFactoryBean test gets 500 error, but no other information

Posted by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com>.

Oh, duh.  I was starting to write a note that added more details, when I discovered that I had commented out the line that adds my provider to the JAXRSServerFactoryBean.  Once I added that back in, everything worked fine.

Re: JAXRSServerFactoryBean test gets 500 error, but no other information

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
On 06/11/13 22:27, KARR, DAVID wrote:
> I had some old test code using JAXRSServerFactoryBean that I'm trying to use for a new prototype.  I had this mostly working with the app configured for Jettison, but now I'm trying to use Jackson.  When I run the test, it gets into my service, but sometime during the processing of the response, a 500 error is produced, but I can't find any other information that indicates why I'm getting a 500.  The console has no stack trace.  I tried stepping into the invoker code, but I got lost in twisty passages.  I even tried breaking on any Exception, and that didn't tell me anything.

If you use Jackson 2.0 then the writer won;t be found on CXF 2.6.x and
per the spec it is 500.
To get Jackson 2.0 supported with CXF 2.6.x do a basic custom JSON
provider which will either extend or delegate to Jackson

Sergey