Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srinadh Karumuri <sk...@bbn.com> on 2005/05/10 00:43:40 UTC

returning arrays of custom java objects

I am a newbie to Axis1.1. I was able to return a custom object but couldn't
figure out sending arrays of custom object across using the ArraySerializer.

The user guide stops short of explaining it.

When Beans Are Not Enough - Custom Serialization

Just as JWS deployment is sometimes not flexible enough to meet all needs,
the default bean serialization model isn't robust enough to handle every
case either. At times there will be non-bean Java classes (especially in
the case of pre-existing assets) which you need to map to/from XML, and
there also may be some custom XML schema types which you want to map into
Java in particular ways. Axis gives you the ability to write custom
serializers/deserializers, and some tools to help make your life easier
when you do so.

TBD - this section will be expanded in a future version! For now look at
the DataSer/DataDeser classes (in samples/encoding). Also look at the
BeanSerializer, BeanDeserializer, ArraySerializer, ArrayDeserializer and
other classes in the org.apache.axis.encoding.ser package.

Can someone direct me to the right place where I can find example of
sending arrays across?

Thank you,
Sri