Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Fabio <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/20 10:05:00 UTC

Capacity scheduler locality allocation

Hi everyone,
I am testing the capacity scheduler with SLS. I am simulating _a single
node_. When an application requires, let's say, 46 mappers, the request
will be like:

Location: default-rack, Relax Locality: true}

But then I see the containers are assigned as OFF-SWITCH, thus going to
satisfy first the "Location: *" request.
Why is it so? Since I have a single node I was expecting all the
assignment to be node-local. Is this an unusual behavior or is it
expected in your opinion?

Thanks

Fabio