Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Georg Henzler <sl...@ghenzler.de> on 2019/04/01 12:58:22 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Scaling Sling development

So just out of interest: Is there ASF regulation that totally forces
releases to be built on personal machines or could this in theory be
done in an CICD pipeline (if the user identity is correctly propagated
to fulfil "by definition releases are individual acts in the Apache
Software Foundation")?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2019-04-01 at 14:58 +0200, Georg Henzler wrote:
> So just out of interest: Is there ASF regulation that totally forces
> releases to be built on personal machines or could this in theory be
> done in an CICD pipeline (if the user identity is correctly
> propagated
> to fulfil "by definition releases are individual acts in the Apache
> Software Foundation")?

For the sake of being complete (already included in another reply), see

  http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval

Thanks,

Robert