Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ron Shuck <rs...@Buchanan.com> on 2005/04/29 17:02:05 UTC

Blacklist Not Working

Has anyone ever seen a situation where entries in the black_list are not
being used or matching?

Ron Shuck, CISSP, GCIA, CCSE - Managing Consultant
Buchanan Associates - People. Process. Technology.

Re: Blacklist Not Working

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 08:02 AM 4/29/2005, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever seen a situation where entries in the black_list are not
>being used or matching?

I'd guess more details would help. The version of SA you're running, how
you're calling SA, and perhaps a header and the matching 'entry' from your
blacklist that isn't matching...

Re: Blacklist Not Working

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Ron Shuck wrote:

>Has anyone ever seen a situation where entries in the black_list are not
>being used or matching?

I assume you mean blacklist_from and blacklist_to. There is no
black_list that I'm aware of.

I pretty much don't use the spamassassin blacklist features at all. If I
want to blacklist someone, I do it at the MTA layer with a 550.

That said, I've not had any problems with the SA 2.64 blacklist

Test header used:
From: Joe <jo...@test.com>

The blacklist correctly hit the above header with all of the following:
    blacklist_from joe@test.com
    blacklist_from *@test.com
    blacklist_from *@*test.com
    blacklist_from joe@*.com

It correctly did not match:
    blacklist_from joe@*.test.com

Can you post some examples of what you're having trouble with?

Re: Blacklist Not Working

Posted by Craig McLean <cr...@craig.dnsalias.com>.