Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexandre Bouchard <ro...@mac.com> on 2001/05/24 02:34:29 UTC

JDBC/ODBC: Technological choice

Hello guys

    I am building an intranet on a window NT environment. I hate ASP, so I
decided to use JSP as the server-side language. I chose Tomcat to run my JSP
and I installed it as a IIS plugin.

    Now, I have to connect my JSPs with the databases (they use Access --
ouch! ) I never did that before and I don't know if I should use JDBC I or
IV. So my questions are:

-first, is it possible to use a JDBC IV sheme with Tomcat

-if so, how is it possible? How is it made? In other words, where can i find
documentation about that?

-why it is recommended to use JDBC IV when dealing with intranet?

-JDBC-ODBC bridge vs JDBC IV: how slower? Which one is simplier to setup?

-Finally, is it difficult to deal with JDBC, to deploy it?

A lot of question, isn't it?
I would also apreciate if some of you could share their experience of
building a JDBC/JSP/Tomcat infrastructure.

Thx !

RE: JDBC/ODBC: Technological choice

Posted by Brian George <bg...@sandwell.com>.
Please UNSUBSCRIBE me.