Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Hugues de Mazancourt <hu...@mazancourt.com> on 2016/12/02 09:02:44 UTC

Re: New dictionary annotator

Thanks for this contribution.

Do you have any plan to make the lookup accent-insensitive ? Or any knowledge of a component that would do the job ?
I’m currently using ConceptMapper outside of Ruta and MARKTABLE from within Ruta but neither performs correctly on accents (btw, conceptMapper is *very* slow on resource loading, which can be a problem).

My point is : I have lists containing elements like « événement » and I would like text like « EVENEMENT » or even « évènement » to match that list. Lowercasing texts is not a solution, as « é » is mapped to uppercase « É » in French locale, which has nothing to do with « e ». I guess you have the same problem with latvian.

Best,

Hugues de Mazancourt
http://about.me/mazancourt

Posted by Hugues de Mazancourt <hu...@mazancourt.com>.
Great. Keep me informed, if you need a beta-tester !

— Hugues

Posted by Donatas Remeika <do...@gmail.com>.
During the next week :)

Posted by Hugues de Mazancourt <hu...@mazancourt.com>.