Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Prabhakar Pandey <ng...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 08:18:56 UTC

Doubts

Hi Evry1,
i have a doubt how do i run a application in ofbiz.
first do i need to run build.xml as ant build and then click on
startofbiz.bat.
am i right?

Thanks

Re: Doubts

Posted by Varun Bhansaly <vb...@gmail.com>.
This is what I quickly tried on my local v10.04 code base.

Edited "applications/accounting/servicedef/secas_invoice.xml", before edit
it had two ecas defined on "cancelInvoice" : revertAcctgTransOnCancelInvoice
and removeInvoiceItemAssocOnCancelInvoice.
Changed them to revertAcctgTransOnCancelInvoice1 and
removeInvoiceItemAssocOnCancelInvoice2.
Did a cache clear and used webtool's > service reference, it now shows the
modified services names.

Regarding service definition, I copied the definition of
"createPartyAcctgPreference" and created a new one named
"createPartyAcctgPreferenceXYZ".
Did a cache clear and used webtool's > service reference, it now shows new
service named "createPartyAcctgPreferenceXYZ".

Re: Doubts

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That's wrong a restart is *required* for
*UiLabels.xml, *services*.xml,  and *secas*.xml files.

Though for *UiLabels.xml you may use the Label Manager to avoid the restart...

Jacques

From: "Varun Bhansaly" <vb...@gmail.com>

Re: Doubts

Re: Doubts

Posted by Mayank Sheth <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prabhakar,

After modifications in ofbiz-component.xml, web.xml,*UiLabels.xml,
*services.xml, eecas.xml and secas.xml you have to restart the server but
no need to restart the server in case of *screens.xml, controller.xml and
*forms.xml.
and for files in 'entitydef' and 'data' folder  run 'ant run-install'
command and restart the server.

Thanks and Regards
Mayank Sheth
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Jay Jain
<ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>wrote:

> Hi Prabhakar,
> There have no need to re ant build the application after change in xml
> files, ant use for changes in java files.
> but you have to restart the server after change in some of xml files like
> ofbiz-component.xml, build.xml, *UlLable.xml etc.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Jay Jain
>
> HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>

> On 07/11/2012 02:49 PM, Prabhakar Pandey wrote:
>
>> Mayank,
>> Thanks,&  supppose we make changes in the file suppose in xml files then
>> do
>>
>> we need to re ant build the application or we can just view the changes by
>> refreshing the pages?
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Mayank Sheth<ma...@gmail.com>**
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Prabhakar,
>>>
>>> Yes you are right.
>>> Open command prompt and reach to your ofbiz folder.If you are having java
>>> code in your application than run ant command to build java files and
>>> than
>>> ./startofbiz.sh(in case of unix/linux) or startofbiz.bat(for windows)
>>> command to start server and
>>> Hit the url-
>>> http://localhost:8080/**application-mount-point/**control/request-uri<http://localhost:8080/application-mount-point/control/request-uri>
>>>
>>> for mount-point and request-uri take reference from:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/**OFBIZ/ofbiz-tutorial-a-**
>>> beginners-development-guide.**html#OFBizTutorial-**

Re: Doubts

Posted by Jay Jain <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Prabhakar,

Re: Doubts