Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com> on 2002/02/02 02:46:46 UTC

Builds - testing help needed

I've just posted some test builds for 1.0rc1. I could really use some help
testing these out. In particular on Windows. I'd like to make these
official on Monday so if there's any chance someone can help with testing
over the weekend I'd really appreciate some feedback. My main concern is
making sure the instructions actually result in a working system and that
the examples work properly.

http://www.dbxml.org/files/xml-xindice-1.0rc1.tar.gz
http://www.dbxml.org/files/xml-xindice-1.0rc1.zip

Thanks

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/

Re: Builds - testing help needed

Posted by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <jo...@btconnect.com>.
That works fine, the shutdown is clean and leaves no process threads behind.

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

Posted by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <jo...@btconnect.com>.

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

Posted by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <jo...@btconnect.com>.

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
Heh, heh, Tom and I both use OS X full time. You should read my site
sometime. http://www.kstaken.org/ It's pretty tame right now, but I've
been known to say things like "OS X is the death of Linux on the desktop".
Rather upset the slashdot crowd. :-) I used linux full time before.

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 09:12 PM, Mark J. Stang wrote:
> Has anyone tried this on a Mac OS X yet?

I certainly hope so since that's our primary OS.  :-)  I've also tried
it with Solaris.  Looks good to me.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Apache Xindice (Native XML Database) - http://xml.apache.org

Re: Builds - testing help needed

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
Kimbro,

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 04:27 AM, Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:

> Thanks for getting this out Kimbro.
>
> The first thing I did was take a look a the docs since I have not been
> able to build them locally. That is still the case with the new release
> and the same exact problem shows up for me on both RH Linux 7.1 and
> Windows 2000, both using Java 1.3.1 and ant 4.1.1. I get the same error
> if I use my Ant installation or the one packaged with Xindice. I have no
> CLASSPATH set in shell on any of the tests. I find this pretty strange
> that it is reproducible for me across OS and that no one else seems to be
> bothered by it.  The exception is:

No you're not the only one bothered by it. I know Tom has gotten this in
the past as have a few other people. I haven't replied previously because
I don't remember the exact remedy. I think it was something to do with the
wrong SAX parser or something. Tom do you remember what causes this? I've
never seen it happen on any of the machines I use.

> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> users-guide:
>      [echo] Building Users Guide
>
> style:
>      [java]
>      [java] XSLT Error (java.lang.LinkageError): loader constraints
> violated when linking org/xml/sax/InputSource class
>
> I then went to use the docs that you packaged in the release and found
> one problem. In docs/index.html the link to the JavaDocs is broken. It is
> currently

> and needs to be:

Fixed, thanks.

Posted by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <jo...@btconnect.com>.

Kimbro Staken wrote:

> On Saturday, February 2, 2002, at 04:27 AM, Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
> >
> > style:
> >      [java]
> >      [java] XSLT Error (java.lang.LinkageError): loader constraints
> > violated when linking org/xml/sax/InputSource class
> >

> Strangely I just started getting this too! It's the first time I've ever
> seen it and as far I know nothing changed since the last successful build.
>   Anyway, now that I see it it's easy to fix. I think it's the result of
> the VM loading classes that have already been loaded by another
> classloader. Adding fork="true" to the VM execution fixed it for me. I
> just committed the changed build.xml, let me know if it fixes it.

Nope, still does it here ;-(

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

Posted by Joel Rosi-Schwartz <jo...@btconnect.com>.