Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by caped crusader <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 12:59:02 UTC

Re: JSF pages rendering 4 times more slowly in IE7 than Firefox

I appreciate everyone's input and help, and this may well just be an IE
issue.

I've found an obvious difference in the headers. In IE the connection header
is set to 'close', in FF it's 'keep-alive'.
As a test in FF I turned off the keep-alive setting in 'about:config' and
this slowed down Firefox's performance considerably. Now need to figure out
where/why this is getting set for IE

Thanks
JM

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
It would be better to figure out why setting off Keep-Alive has such
drastic performances problems. Might be an issue with some proxy / nat /
router at the server side.

En l'instant précis du 01/02/08 12:59, caped crusader s'exprimait en ces
termes:

--
http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)