Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jo Bourne <ve...@va.com.au> on 2001/10/13 16:46:34 UTC

[C2] error creating the resource

Hi,

I am just starting to use cocoon2 and I have simple xml/xsl transformations working fine but when i try to load an xsp page whatever.xml I get the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not load class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/www/whatever_xml' due to a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.www. whatever_xml

does anyone know what causes this sort of error or what to do about it?

thanks in advance
Jo

RE: [C2] error creating the resource

Posted by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Jo,

Sorry I did not make myself clear enough.  The uri is purely the namespace
for xsp in C2.  This is different to the namespace in C1.8 and therefore
anything that works on C1.8 needs changing for C2.

Regards

Jeremy

Posted by Jo Bourne <ve...@va.com.au>.
Thanks heaps Jeremy,

unfortunately that url you gave me is broken (http://apache.org/xsl)... did the namespace for xsp change between c1 and c2? i found one small reference to xsp being different for c2 but no explanation of how... my xsp files were all working fine on c1.8.2, in fact they have been running in production for over 6 months...upgrading seems incredibly hard at the moment, though everyone seems to say it is worth the effort...

cheers
Jo

At 8:58 AM +0100 14/10/01, Jeremy Aston wrote:
>Hi Jo,
>
>This is normally due to an error in your source that is prventing proper
>compilation.  Check that you have the correct namespaces for the xsp
>(http://apache.org/xsl) and that there are no parsing errors.  If you check
>the log files you may get more information.
>
>For some working examples see the transformations on cTwIG -
>http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig/index.html
>
>Hope this helps
>
>Jeremy

Jo Bourne