Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Seth Chaiklin <se...@psy.au.dk> on 1998/08/01 06:20:50 UTC

general/2754: CheckSpelling (mod_speling) does not know about , should it?

>Number:         2754
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       CheckSpelling (mod_speling) does not know about <Location>, should it?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have mod_speling compiled into httpd.

I have a directory /stats

I (had) a <Location /status>   that had a SetHandler server-status

Prior to turning on CheckSpelling, I could use the URL:

www.server.com/status   to get the Apache server status.

After turning on CheckSpelling...this URL would be "fixed"

to /stats

Just a naive question....shouldn't mod_speling check locations as
well as directories before making its spelling correction?

(I tried to turn off spelling in the Location, but that gives an error).
>How-To-Repeat:
See above
>Fix:
Maybe it doesn't need fixing (i.e., I expect this is all consistent with
the Apache semantics), but perhaps it is worth a mention in the
mod_speling documentation that Locations are NOT handled, or at least
some clarification of that point.