Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Zhang Tao <wa...@sina.com> on 2000/02/24 17:44:15 UTC

parse a wml file

Hello:

   I want to know whether I can use xerces-c parse a wml file. When I
try the sample program saxcount , and pass a  wml file as its parameter, I got an assertion failure.In detail,
    File:dbgdel.cpp
    Line:47
    Expression:_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)

   I note some xml parsers (like expat ) can parse the file according to "Doctype" in an xml file, can xerces-c do it?

    (I have some trouble to connect to Net, so sorry for bother.)

    Many Thanks.

Re: parse a wml file

Posted by Michael Mason <mg...@decisionsoft.com>.
> Zhang Tao wrote:
>
> Hello:
>
>    I want to know whether I can use xerces-c parse a wml file. When I
> try the sample program saxcount , and pass a  wml file as its
> parameter, I got an assertion failure.In detail,
>     File:dbgdel.cpp
>     Line:47
>     Expression:_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)
>
>    I note some xml parsers (like expat ) can parse the file according
> to "Doctype" in an xml file, can xerces-c do it?

Not sure what the exact problem is, but WML files are valid XML so
should load fine. We've had some problems due to lack of a net accessor
in Xerces-C, so have had to strip off the DOCTYPE declaration before

Best regards,
Mike.

--
Mike Mason, Software Engineer
XML Script Development Team                    Office: 44-1865-203192

Re: parse a wml file

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
Well I've been using xerces to parse WML files. As they are
valid XML after all. But if the doc type refers to an external
link, the wap dtd,  you might want to strip it off, or make
it point to a local file.

Dw.