Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/08/14 22:45:54 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "Hbase/FAQ_Operations" by OtisGospodnetic

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "Hbase/FAQ_Operations" page has been changed by OtisGospodnetic:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ_Operations?action=diff&rev1=4&rev2=5

Comment:
Added: How do I monitor my HBase Cluster?

   1. [[#7|Can I safely move the hbase rootdir in hdfs?]]
   1. [[#8|How do I add/remove a node?]]
   1. [[#9|Why do servers have start codes?]]
+  1. [[#10|How do I monitor my HBase Cluster?]]

  == Answers ==

@@ -69, +70 @@

  If a region server crashes and recovers, it cannot be given work until its lease times out. If the lease is identified only by an IP address and port number, then that server can't do any progress until the lease times out. A start code is added so that the restarted server can begin doing work immediately upon recovery. For more, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1156.

+ '''10. <<Anchor(10)>> How do I monitor my HBase Cluster?'''
+
+ HBase emits performance metrics (see http://hbase.apache.org/metrics.html) that you can monitor with Ganglia.  Alternatively, you could use SPM for HBase (see http://sematext.com/spm/hbase-performance-monitoring/index.html).
+