Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com> on 2015/01/01 00:26:13 UTC

[jclouds] Fix Java 7 build issues (#630)

We should always build the filesystem blobstore.  Also configure animal-sniffer for OkHttp.

References [JCLOUDS-797](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-797).
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/andrewgaul/jclouds java7

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/630

-- Commit Summary --

  * Always build filesystem provider
  * Configure animal sniffer for okhttp driver

-- File Changes --

    M apis/pom.xml (12)
    M drivers/okhttp/pom.xml (16)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/630.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/630.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/630

Re: [jclouds] Fix Java 7 build issues (#630)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
OkHttp should be compatibla with Java 6. They also use this plugin to make sure they don't use signatures from java > 6:
https://github.com/square/okhttp/blob/master/pom.xml#L191-210

It should be OK (and we must try) to enforce java6 with animal sniffer everywhere except in the filesystem provider.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/630#issuecomment-68483183

Re: [jclouds] Fix Java 7 build issues (#630)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
Abandoned OkHttp commit and pushed filesystem commit to master as 38ae98e409802ebb2318f58a6395b8b9c21fedd0.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/630#issuecomment-68505520

Re: [jclouds] Fix Java 7 build issues (#630)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
The animal sniffer config must be removed from the okhttp driver. We need to ensure it can run on android and others. Enforcing that there are only java 6 signatures in use is a must.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/630#issuecomment-68476670

Re: [jclouds] Fix Java 7 build issues (#630)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
@nacx I do no understand your comment; OkHttp requires Java 7 Path and thus using animal-sniffer should only enforce that the module does not use features from Java 8 and onwards?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/630#issuecomment-68478048