Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/04 17:00:59 UTC

new page on wiki for IrcWebChat

Hi all,

A week or so ago Nour set up an IRC channel on freenode, #apache-isis,
but no-one's started using it yet.

I must admit I'm not an IRC user myself, so was trying to figure out an
unobtrusive way that I might be able to join the channel without it
taking up either system resources or screen real estate.

After a bit of experimentation, I reckon that using a combination of
freenode's web chat along with the Firefox All-in-one sidebar works
rather well.

I've documented my approach on the wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/IrcWebChat

Whatever... can I ask that everyone starts to log onto our IRC channel
whenever they can, using whichever client works for you?

Thx
Dan