Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by David Abrahams <da...@boost-consulting.com> on 2005/10/12 20:16:43 UTC

Approaching a release?

As FOP is my only hope for a viable open-source alternative path to
PDF, I have been eagerly anticipating your next release.  Can anyone
give me a sense of how close (or far off) that might be?

Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting
www.boost-consulting.com

Re: Approaching a release?

Posted by David Abrahams <da...@boost-consulting.com>.
Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> writes:

> If all had gone as planned we would have done the first preview release
> last month. As soon as I'm finished with my space resolution task
> (hopefully this week), I'm going to write all necessary documentation
> for the redesigned FOP and then we're pretty much ready to release.
> Note: alpha/preview release only!

Thanks for the update, and for your all your efforts!

P.S. when I wrote "alternative" I meant "alternative to LaTeX."

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Re: Approaching a release?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Jay,

thank you very much for your offer. We don't need to examine any
credentials. If you want to help you're more than welcome to do so!

I've just got the website refactoring back (off-list) from Patrick Paul
and will examine that shortly. When the version split is in place I'll
be grateful if you could help sorting out the details.

On 13.10.2005 00:22:09 Jay Bryant wrote:
> Hi, Jeremias,
>
> If you need or want an editor for that documentation, let me know. As you
> know, I use FOP and look forward to the new edition. As you probably don't
> know, I'm a technical writer and editor (and, these days, half developer)
> with 19 years experience and a Master's degree in English. My current resume
> is at http://www.bryantcs.com/resume.html if you need to examine my
> credentials.
>
> I started using FOP because I got tired of paying large sums of money for
> crappy systems and decided to create my own document production system. Now
> it produces text, PDF, HTML, and WordML output, all with open-source tools
> (FOP and Saxon).
>
> Jay Bryant
> Bryant Communication Services

Jeremias Maerki