Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net> on 2016/09/12 13:08:25 UTC

September 2016 Board Report

This is due pretty soon.  I may be able to get to it tonight or tomorrow,
unless someone else can get to it before me.

Just spamming the list so it doesn't get forgotten.

Thanks!

mrg

Re: September 2016 Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Yeah, my "summer lull" comment was mainly targeting the dev list since user
stayed pretty much the same.  I'm indifferent about including or omitting
it.

Thanks,

mrg

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
+1 on the report. I will submit it to the board today.

Re: More frequent releases

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 15/09/2016 3:56am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> I will be able to do it next week. Also, it
>> > would be nice to merge Stefan's pull-request [1] and add docker maven
>> > profiles for other databases.
> +1 on both. Your help with release will be greatly appreciated!

Here is the mail thread I kicked off which led to Stefan generously giving us that PR. It has some useful info in the thread:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/206a60fb8697c2bc1b7c9c44f62f9eb6a7500bb9a6b57b3bd70ebaac@%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: More frequent releases

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
> I will be able to do it next week. Also, it
> would be nice to merge Stefan's pull-request [1] and add docker maven
> profiles for other databases.

+1 on both. Your help with release will be greatly appreciated!

> BTW, as we discussed privately with Andrus, there are some improvements
> that we want to include in M4. Perhaps, we should move [2] to the next
> release

Agreed. This will need more attention. This PR doesn't even merge well yet.

> and remove Types Mapping section from the Reverse Engineering
> documentation [3] as it works unstable.

Yes, let's do that, and maybe open a separate Jira to finish Types Mapping feature and the docs.

Andrus

Re: More frequent releases

Posted by Savva Kolbachev <s....@gmail.com>.

More frequent releases