Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Muffett <ma...@muffett.net> on 2002/02/12 14:11:44 UTC

Tyrex & Tomcat

I want to use the JNDI facilties for DataSources.  I have Tomcat 4.0.1 and
I'm using tyrex-0.9.7.jar (which comes with Tomcat).

I can't get it to work.  It compiles, but when I run the page and try to get
a database connection, it gives the error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/omg/CosTransactions/Inactive
 at
tyrex.server.TransactionServer.createTransactionDomain(TransactionServer.jav
a:200)
 at
tyrex.server.TransactionServer.getTransactionDomain(TransactionServer.java:1
83)
 at tyrex.tm.Tyrex.(Tyrex.java:77)
 at tyrex.tm.ResourceManager.run(ResourceManager.java:118)
 at tyrex.tm.ResourceManager.enlistResource(ResourceManager.java:91)
 at tyrex.jdbc.EnlistedConnection.enlist(EnlistedConnection.java:241)
 at tyrex.jdbc.EnlistedConnection.(EnlistedConnection.java:129)
 at tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource.getConnection(ServerDataSource.java:258)
 at tyrex.jdbc.ServerDataSource.getConnection(ServerDataSource.java:223)
 at AccessLog.doGet(AccessLog.java:190)

Have I made a stupid error? or should I use a different version of Tyrex, or
Tomcat, or should I try to find omg.jar (which I have searched for, but can
find only on the Orbix site).

Thanks for any help

Mark

RE: Tyrex & Tomcat

Posted by Fabrizio Giudici <Fa...@libero.it>.
I posted a response about this topic a couple of weeks ago. You must
go to tyrex, download the sources, get the ots.jar package and put it
into %TOMCAT_HOME%/common/lib. There's a small dependence in tyrex
upon CORBA classes, ant ots.jar contains the required files.

Hi.

--
Fabrizio Giudici, Ph.D. - Senior Consultant
Java(TM) Architect, Mentor, Senior Writer