Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Robert Steinmetz <ro...@steinmetznet.com> on 2015/02/27 19:57:12 UTC

Installation issues - Connection Refused

I am new to OpenMeetings

I have installed OpenMeetings 3.0.4 on a 12.04LTS Ubuntu server. I have
worked my way through the various install steps with no problems. I
think I should be able to contact the OpenMeetings server, but I can't.

I think my problem is the Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server configuration.
In addition to OpenMeetings the server runs a simple web page and doc
root is set to /var/www/ I have created a link in doc root red5 and can
"browse" the files there. When I try to connect to port 5080, I get a
Connection Refused error.

The apache2/error.log records no errors.

The apache2/access.log show no attempts to access.

I opened the ports in iptables

Re: Installation issues - Connection Refused

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Actually OM is standalone web server (based on Tomcat)
in case you run it (ps -ef|grep red5) it should be available on port 5080
(by default, netstat -an|grep 5080)
It has it's own logs in $RED5_HOME/log, can you check these logs?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax