Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by linxi zeng <li...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/20 02:22:15 UTC

Stop RemoteInterpreterServer automatically when no paragraph run in a Specified time

Hi Moon,
    When i use zeppelin to run some spark or sql programs, it will start
a RemoteInterpreterServer after the first time I run the paragraph, and
the RemoteInterpreterServer will never stop unless we stop the process or
the zeppelin server.
   The problem is that the RemoteInterpreterServer will hold the resource
of yarn (we run zeppelin paragraph on yarn) even it did't run any paragraph
after a long time, which is a waste of resources.
    My suggestion is that, we can stop RemoteInterpreterServer
automatically when no paragraph run in a Specified time (for example
3600s). Is this suggestion OK for you?

Thanks,
linxizeng

Re: Stop RemoteInterpreterServer automatically when no paragraph run in a Specified time

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Bae,

Timeout is not available now. You can watch this issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-242
to keep track of progress.

Thanks,
moon

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Bae,

Posted by "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Moon

Posted by "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Moon

Posted by linxi zeng <li...@gmail.com>.
hi, moon:
thanks for your answer, we are going to use zeppelin for some of
our routine work, and hope that we can do some thing for zeppelin.
we have a jira for this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-242

Thanks!

Posted by linxi zeng <li...@gmail.com>.
hi, moon: