Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/30 14:21:00 UTC

Get distributed query data from Ignite local caches in cluster

I have Ignite cache with name "IgniteCache" on each node in cluster(of 2
servers) with local mode enabled. Certain number of entries are loaded into
these local caches. Now, I have started separate client node which queries
data from this "IgniteCache" on cluster. But always when I query data, I am
getting null result(Instead of getting data from both server nodes)

Re: Get distributed query data from Ignite local caches in cluster

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

That sounds like a very weird use case. Why don't you use partitioned cache?

-Val

Re: Get distributed query data from Ignite local caches in cluster

Posted by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com>.
But at following link, it is specified that local caches have all features of
partitioned caches except, it data distribution across cluster.
http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/cache-modes#section-local-mode
<http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/cache-modes#section-local-mode>

Is there any other way I can prevent distribution of local cache data across
nodes(i.e. data loaded from respective node remains on that node only) and
still be able to query on that cache from remote nodes(using distributed
query)

Re: Get distributed query data from Ignite local caches in cluster

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Local mode is different to other modes.

1. Local cache can be accessed from node where cache has been created. So,
you can't access NodeA local cache from NodeB.
2. If you create Local cache on client then this cache will be located on
client while Partitioned or Replicated caches always will be located on
server nodes.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:21 PM, rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have Ignite cache with name "IgniteCache" on each node in cluster(of 2
> servers) with local mode enabled. Certain number of entries are loaded into
> these local caches. Now, I have started separate client node which queries
> data from this "IgniteCache" on cluster. But always when I query data, I am
> getting null result(Instead of getting data from both server nodes)

С уважением,
Машенков Андрей Владимирович
Тел. +7-921-932-61-82

Best regards,