Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2001/12/21 01:55:13 UTC

What is db.ior?, Was: Showstoppers for 1.0rc1

Hi,

I installed 1.0b4 today, and everything was working fine except one
thing: APIExample was working when using xmldb:dbxml:///db/root/ocs URL,
and not working for xmldb:dbxml://localhost:4080/db/root/ocs, failing
with the error:
	org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: A connection to the Database
	instance 'db' could not be created. Error:
http://localhost:4080/db.ior

Then I found db_bootstrap.ior and copied it into db.ior, and got
everything working. But, once my IP and/or domain name got changed
(that's mobile PC), it stopped working again, failing with the
exception:

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException:
        at
org.dbxml.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:238)
        at
org.dbxml.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:218)
        at
org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:194)
        at
org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:157)
        at org.dbxml.examples.APIExample2.main(APIExample2.java:17)

I tried to find something in the documentation or in mail archives - but
information on this db.ior stuff is limited to one paragraph in
DevelopersGuide.html, and no mention in installation instructions.

Could somebody shed some light on this db.ior issue - or even better -
explain steps need to be done to access dbXML remotely.

Thanks,
Vadim

Xindice?

Re: What is db.ior?, Was: Showstoppers for 1.0rc1

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
This is a bug in beta 4 that is already fixed in CVS. You found the
problem in that it was looking for db.ior when it should have been looking
for db_bootstrap.ior. If you are able to access CVS you can try building
that from source and it should fix this problem.