Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by todd runstein <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 19:51:17 UTC

Error unregistering mbean

Last night we upgraded our JVM from 1.4 to 1.5.  After the upgrade, the
server still works, however we're getting an exception thrown repeatedly:

- Error unregistering mbean
javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: Object name cannot be null
        at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.isRegistered(
DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:545)
        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.isRegistered(
JmxMBeanServer.java:619)
        at org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.unregisterComponent(
Registry.java:642)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(
ChannelSocket.java:706)
        at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java
:866)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(
ThreadPool.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Object name cannot be null
        ... 7 more

We're running Tomcat 5.0, Apache 2.0 with jk_mod against a sybase db.  The
only change was the JVM and our webapp compiled in 1.5.  Any ideas where to
start looking???

Todd

The only "dumb question" is the one you were too afraid to ask.
Check out RouteRuler - Free software for runners, cyclists, walkers, etc.
http://routeruler.sourceforge.net

Re: Error unregistering mbean

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Yup, upgrading is probably the best answer.

Depending on which version of 5.0 you have, you might also be able to work
around it by setting request.registerRequests="false" on the <Connector />
element in server.xml.  In any case, the error is harmless, besides taking
up space in the log file.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.