Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/03/29 11:52:41 UTC

Some help with the ASJS build

Hi,

I am currently working on extending my flex-maven-plugin I started for compiling falcon to also build ASJS. For this I am investigating the output of the Ant build. Now it seems as if some targets are run multiple times:

If I take one project for example: "DragDrop" and search through the log output, I can see that first "compile" is run. After that "compile-asjs" is run. The strange thing is, that after this "compile" is run again ... why?

Could you also please explain what's actually happening in the build? I would understand if "compile-asjs" creates the JavaScript part and the compile after that does the ActionScript compilation and includes the JavaScript generated before in with the rest, but what's the first compile for?

Chris

Re: Some help with the ASJS build

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/29/16, 2:52 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>If I take one project for example: "DragDrop" and search through the log
>output, I can see that first "compile" is run. After that "compile-asjs"
>is run. The strange thing is, that after this "compile" is run again ...
>why?

Are you building the latest code from the develop branch?  My log says:

DragDrop:

clean:

compile-asjs:
     [echo] Cross-compiling DragDrop-0.6.0.swc
     [echo] FALCONJX_HOME:
/Users/aharui/git/flex/master/flex-falcon/compiler.jx

compile-extern-swc:
     [echo] Compiling target/externs/DragDrop-0.6.0.swc
[copy] Copying 1 file to
/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/externs

compile:
     [echo] Compiling target/DragDrop-0.6.0.swc
     [echo] FLEX_HOME: /Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs
     [echo] FALCON_HOME:
/Users/aharui/git/flex/master/flex-falcon/compiler/generated/dist/sdk
    [compc] Loading configuration:
/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/DragDrop/src/m
ain/resources/compile-config.xml
    [compc]
    [compc] 36308 bytes written to
/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/DragDrop/targe
t/DragDrop-0.6.0.swc in 1.347 seconds
     [copy] Copying 1 file to
/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/libs

So it is doing what you expected.

-Alex