Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com> on 2020/07/15 14:16:29 UTC

Setting up Maven to automatically recompile changed dependent projects

I used to use Ant projects with NetBeans extensively.  If I have project A uses project B and change a line of the code in project B then when I build or debug project A, Ant automatically recompiles B first and then A.  This works well with complex project structures such as A uses B which uses C.  However, I cannot see a way to achieve the same effect with Maven projects.

I have recently moved many projects to Maven on NetBeans 12.0 because servlet deployment and debugging works with Maven projects but not with Ant projects.  However, not having automatic recompilation of referenced projects causes pain !

I have installed the nb-javac Java editing support library plugin but this does not seem to have enabled “Compile on Save” even though I have restarted NetBeans and also selected “Compile on Save” on the project’s properties.
Can anyone offer advice as to how to achieve my goal of Maven automatically recompiling changed dependent projects ?  Does anyone have compile on save working ?

Regards

David Gradwell

Re: Setting up Maven to automatically recompile changed dependent projects

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.
David Gradwell schrieb am 15.07.2020 um 16:16:
> Can anyone offer advice as to how to achieve my goal of Maven
> automatically recompiling changed dependent projects?

In the "Actions" section of the project's properties you can select the actions where you want that to happen (e.g. "Run Project" or "Test Project"), and enable the checkbox "Build with Dependencies".

Unfortunately you need to do that for each action individually, there is no global flag for the whole project.

Thomas