Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Knowledge gatherer <kn...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/01 22:33:32 UTC

Region Server IP in Host file

Hi,

      When i am connecting hbase from a remote system, i m giving the
configuration the Hmaster, zookeeper ip and port number and then only the
host name (where hmaster is configured). Its not connecting.

While creating the HTable object,the console hangs.

But when i specify all the ip address of regionservers in the hostname,
then the  same code connects.

My question is - "Do i need to specify all the IP address of region servers
in the hostname ? ".

Please help me understand this.

Regards,

KG

Re: Region Server IP in Host file

Posted by Knowledge gatherer <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Knowledge gatherer <
knowledge.gatherer.007@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       When i am connecting hbase from a remote system, i m giving the
> configuration the Hmaster, zookeeper ip and port number and then only the
> host name (where hmaster is configured). Its not connecting.
>
> While creating the HTable object,the console hangs.
>
> But when i specify all the ip address of regionservers in the hostname,
> then the  same code connects.
>
> My question is - "Do i need to specify all the IP address of region servers
> in the hostname ? ".
>
> Please help me understand this.

Can you get to the hmaster outside of the hbase system without using an IP?

HBase relies on your naming service: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#dns
Make sure it is properly set up.

Thanks,
St.Ack