Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sreenivas.T" <sr...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/07 02:26:05 UTC

common ecommerce use case

Hi,

It's a common use case in ecommerce world and I would like to hear best
approaches to implement them. What are the options to implement "red shoes"
(color category), "Men's bikes"  (Gender category) or "Samsung TV" (brand
catgeory) kind of queries?

 is it better to implement using filters like color, gender, category,
brand? or should we be searching and boost the results on those fields? We
may need to some query preprocessing to identify the filters for filter
query.

I know its business decision and mainly involves in recall vs precision.
But I would like to hear suggestions.

Thanks & regards,
Sreenivas

Re: common ecommerce use case

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried searching for presentation videos on solr ecommerce? I seem
to remember similar discussions from SolrRevolution and http://www.mices.co
conferences.

Regards,
    Alex

Posted by Doug Turnbull <dt...@opensourceconnections.com>.
I discuss nearly this exact use case my Lucene Rev talk 'Taxonomical
Semantical Magical Search'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90F30PS-884

A common theme in my work with search UX is that users (especially in B2C
contexts) increasingly don't want to use filters/facets. They want highly
relevant, accurate results.

Hope that helps
-Doug

--