Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Alin Dosoniu <ad...@hotmail.com> on 2005/08/16 16:25:30 UTC

t:dataTable columnHeaders not updated when changeing the number of columns

Hi,

I am using t:dataTable on a page and need to change its number of columns when change value of a selectbox. Something like want to show 3 months and from a selectbox select value 6, so I want to display a table with 6 columns instead of 3.

The problem that I have is that first time after modify the number of columns (now have january, february, march), I modify the columnHeaders list but in browser I get a table with only 3 columns as header (and the data from header is the old data - january, february, march) but with all 6 columns for data. If I click on a link from scroller (go to second page for example), the page is showing the header correctly, it has 6 columns - january, february, march, april, may, june.

Something similar is happening when changing the number of columns from 6 to 3. I get a table with 6 columns as header and only 3 columns as data.

Do I have to call a specific method after changing the list of header values? Or is this a known problem of t:dataTable in this scenario?

Thanks,
Alin.

Re: t:dataTable columnHeaders not updated when changeing the number of columns

Posted by Mathias Broekelmann <mb...@PSI.DE>.
> I modified the OpenDataList.java and openDataTable.jsp in order to have
> a selectbox from where can change the number of columns that are
> displayed. The same behaviour :(. I can send the sources.

Create a JIRA issue and attach a patch with your changes.

Regards,

Mathias

Re: t:dataTable columnHeaders not updated when changeing the number of columns

Posted by Alin Dosoniu <ad...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I modified the OpenDataList.java and openDataTable.jsp in order to have a
selectbox from where can change the number of columns that are displayed.
The same behaviour :(. I can send the sources.

Alin.

Sorry, didn' t realize that.

yes, try if you find some difference to the examples.

regards,

Martin

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, didn' t realize that.