Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Lim <st...@stevelim.com> on 2002/04/25 20:43:47 UTC

Help with .htaccess paths on Windows

Hello fellow Apache users,

I just installed apache on windows and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.
Regarding the issue of htaccess and password protection to various
directories/folders.. I seem to be having a problem which I believe is
related to how my path is being interpreted by apache.

here is a sample of my .htaccess file.

AuthType Basic
AuthName "short description"
AuthUserFile C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\.htpasswd

<Limit GET POST>
require valid-user
</Limit>

Unfortunately I get the following server error.

Error message:
C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/test/.htaccess: AuthUserFile
takes 1-2 arguments, text file containing user IDs and passwords

I would _really_ appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

many thanks,
Steve.

Re: Help with .htaccess paths on Windows

Posted by Steve Lim <st...@stevelim.com>.
Joshua!

Thank you so very very much! Everything works great now!

Many thanks,
Steve.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.