Posted to user@struts.apache.org by roger <ro...@googlemail.com> on 2011/03/14 11:56:48 UTC

Jquery plugin sj:tab

What does  do? I was expecting it to prevent a user clicking on the tab and
displaying its contents.

I'm trying to develop a page where each tab represents a step in a
wizard-like data entry. I want to be able to dynamically enable/disable each
tab so that, depending on the data input so far (and it's validity) I can
control which tabs become selectable/unselectable.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Re: Jquery plugin sj:tab

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.
have you seen the example in thw
http://www.weinfreund.de/struts2-jquery-showcase/index.action struts2 jquery
plugin showcase ?
There is an example for enabling disabled tabs.

JavaScript Code:
    $.subscribe('tabchange', function(event,data) {

        var tab = event.originalEvent.ui.index;
        $('#changepanel').html('Change to Tab '+tab+'.');
        $('#infopanel').html('');
        if(tab == 2) {
        	$('#remotetabs').tabs( 'enable' , 3 );
        }
        else if(tab == 3) {
        	$('#remotetabs').tabs( 'enable' , 4 );
        }
    });
    $.subscribe('tabcomplete', function(event,ui) {
        $('#infopanel').html('Completed request with Status
'+event.originalEvent.status+ '.
    });

JSP Code:

Re: Jquery plugin sj:tab

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Use plain text.

It probably doesn't do anything--I haven't looked at the
implementation, but if it's like a lot of other S2 tags, it'd be a
base tag attribute for plain HTML tags that don't have any meaning for
Dojo/jQuery/etc. tags since those require framework-specific impls.

IMO for anything but the most trivial of usecases it's best just to
use the underlying framework rather than trying to use/write a custom
tag that ends up wrapping JavaScript in a bunch of noise.

Dave

Re: Jquery plugin sj:tab

Re: Jquery plugin sj:tab

Posted by roger <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Sorry - don't quite know what happened there. What should have appeared was
"what does  actually do?"

Sorry

Re: Jquery plugin sj:tab

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.