Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marcus Biel <Ma...@bmw.de> on 2002/10/23 13:20:03 UTC

direct acess to Action

Can I directly access an Action in the browser ?

I want to create an ArrayList, before I display my jsp,
because this jsp page needs to ue this ArrayList.

Therefore I wrote an action mapping:
<action path="/createPlantList"
	type="CreatePlantListAction"
	name="createPlantListForm"
	scope="request"
	validate="false">
	<forward name="plantListCreated" path="index.jsp"/>
</action>

So I want to use this Action by typing /createPlantList.do into my
browser line.
That should create an ArrayList and should forward to my index.jsp,
where the ArrayList will be displayed.

Could this work ?

If it could work this way, what did I do wrong ?

here comes the error message:
Parsing error processing resource path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

thanks in advance,

marcus

RE: direct acess to Action

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
I tried using the wrong classname (ie not fully qualified) on one of my
actions (that gets invoked 'directly') to see what error message is produced
and it still parses ok at startup and when I try to go to that page I get a
ClassNotFoundException - which means that while you have a problem with your
type field , I dont think thats the error thats actually causing you grief
right now.

Have a good look at the rest of your struts-config as it may well be a typo
in some other part of the xml and not related to this particular action
after all.

RE: direct acess to Action

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
No wait!