Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Beshai <pe...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/02 03:43:24 UTC

Re: t:layout

I don't think anything that has changed would have broken this. You should
be able to just use it by entering: <t:layout title="my page title">
..content of your page.. </t:layout> in your page.

On 3/30/07, Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried you exact code for a layout but my layout component doesn't
> seem to be showing up at all.  Has something changed?
>

> On 3/28/07, Peter Beshai <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I never knew <t:layout> was supported. I just made my own layout
> component
> > and I think that makes more sense (you'll most likely want to customize
> it
> > anyway). Here is the basic code if you want to use it:
> >
> > Layout.java::
> > package my.package.components;
> >
> > import org.apache.tapestry.Asset;
> > import org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Inject;
> > import org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Parameter;
> >
> > public class Layout {
> >     @Parameter(required=true)
> >     private String _title;
> >
> >     @Inject("context:style/default.css")
> >     private Asset _stylesheet;
> >
> >     public String getTitle() {
> >         return _title;
> >     }
> >
> >     public void setTitle(String title) {
> >         _title = title;
> >     }
> >
> >     public Asset getStylesheet() {
> >         return _stylesheet;
> >     }
> > }
> >

> > Layout.html::
> >     <head>
> >         <link t:type="any" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
> > href="prop:stylesheet" />
> >         <title>MyApp - ${title}</title>
> >     </head>
> >         <t:body/>
> >
> > Note, you should probably change MyApp to ${message:appname} when
> > application-wide message catalogs are implemented.
> >
> > Hope this helps :-)
> >

> > On 3/28/07, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > I'm using tapestry-hibernate with hibernate/annotations.  I know that
> > > tapestry-hibernate for T5 is very new, so this is mainly just a
> > > heads-up:  I get an error trying to call the session.load (class,
> > > serializable) method.  My entity class is called
> > > "org.gp.contactweb.entities.Person".  It does have a <mapping> entry
> > > in the hibernate.cfg.xml, and here's the exception message.
> > >
> > > Unable to add method java.lang.Object get(java.lang.Object) to class
> > > $PropertyConduit_1119a564237: [source error] no such class:
> > > org.gp.contactweb.entities.Person$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e8117f19
> > >
> > > Also <t:layout> no longer seems to be supported.  Where'd it go?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Bill
> > >
> > > --
> > > "The future is here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."
> > >
> > >      -- Traditional

> > --
> > Peter Beshai
> >
> > Computer Science Student
> > University of Waterloo
> >

> --
> ~chris

Peter Beshai

Computer Science Student
University of Waterloo

RE: Layout of dynamic checkout box

Posted by Ajit Raj <aj...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, Thanks.

This looks like one way to make it work.

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ajit,

Re: t:layout

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you that was the answer I was looking for.

~chris

Re: t:layout

Posted by Anjana Gopinath <an...@truenorth1.com>.

Re: t:layout

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I have the following in Layout.java

package org.example.hilo.components;

import org.apache.tapestry.Asset;
import org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Inject;
import org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Parameter;

public class Layout {
	@Parameter(required = false)
	private String _title;

	@Inject("context:style/default.css")
	private Asset _stylesheet;

	public String getTitle() {
		return _title;
	}

	public void setTitle(String title) {
		_title = title;
	}

	public Asset getStylesheet() {
		return _stylesheet;
	}
}

On 4/2/07, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/2/07, Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok when I do this my page comes up but the layout component does not
> > show up.  Here is what I have:
>
> Did you actually make a Layout component?
>
> --
> Massimo
> http://meridio.blogspot.com

~chris

Re: t:layout

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: t:layout

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ok when I do this my page comes up but the layout component does not
show up.  Here is what I have:

Layout.html:

   <head>
       <link t:type="any" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="prop:stylesheet" />
       <title>MyApp - ${title}</title>
   </head>

   	    This is from layout
       <t:body/>

Start.html:

<t:layout xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd">

  <a t:type="pagelink" t:page="SayHello">Go to another page</a>

</t:layout>

The only thing that shows up on my page is:

On 4/2/07, Anjana Gopinath <an...@truenorth1.com> wrote:
> i had a similar issue when i forgot to include

> Anjana Gopinath
> True North Technology
> 11465 John's Creek Parkway, Suite 300
> Duluth, GA 30097
> anjana@truenorth1.com
>

> On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Chris Chiappone wrote:
>
> > Where is that supposed to be declared?

> >> page</a>
> >>
> >> Did you declare t namespace?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Massimo
> >> http://meridio.blogspot.com

> > --
> > ~chris

~chris

Re: t:layout

Posted by Anjana Gopinath <an...@truenorth1.com>.

Re: t:layout

Posted by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com>.
Where is that supposed to be declared?

On 4/2/07, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/2/07, Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For some reason I get the following:
> >
> > Failure parsing template context:WEB-INF/Start.html: The prefix "t"
> > for element "t:layout" is not bound.
> >
> > location
> >     context:WEB-INF/Start.html, line 1, column 11
> >     1   <t:layout>
> >     2
> >     3   <a t:type="pagelink" t:page="SayHello">Go to another page</a>
> >     4
> >     5   </t:layout>
>
> Did you declare t namespace?
>
> --
> Massimo
> http://meridio.blogspot.com

~chris

Re: t:layout

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 4/2/07, Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For some reason I get the following:
>
> Failure parsing template context:WEB-INF/Start.html: The prefix "t"
> for element "t:layout" is not bound.
>
> location
>     context:WEB-INF/Start.html, line 1, column 11
>     1   <t:layout>
>     2
>     3   <a t:type="pagelink" t:page="SayHello">Go to another page</a>
>     4
>     5   </t:layout>

Did you declare t namespace?

--